Reed James Hardy

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

It's A Zoo Around Here! 5-27-09

I KNOW THIS LOOKS LONG, BUT IT IS WORTH READING!
On Tuesday afternoon, Reed and I found a baby rabbit in our yard. Mike went out back and guided the baby rabbit through our fence where the his mom was patiently waiting. On Wednesday afternoon, the baby rabbit was back. Of course, I wasn't about to touch this wild animal, but my husband Crocodile Dundee, I mean Mike, decided to catch him. After Mike caught him and posed for some pics with Reed, we noticed the mother rabbit on the other side of our fence again waiting on her baby. So, we put Little Peter Cotton Tail near the edge of the fence and sure enough, he followed his mom back into the woods. ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON, (I'm not lying) the little sucker came back. Mike found a hole under Reed's slide where the rabbit was born We think that is why he is coming back. He let us get close to him until Reed started talking to him (in a LOUD voice) and he hopped through fence just enough where Reed couldn't reach him. That didn't, however, stop Reed from telling the rabbit, and our neighbors, something that seemed VERY important. Reed was holding onto the fence and his little mouth was in one of the holes and he was just talking away like they were old friends. I guess in a way they are.



In the picture above, Reed is talking to the rabbit. I am sure Reed is telling him how to escape from our yard.

Reed isn't quite sure what to do.


What you can't see in the above picture is that Mike is saying "easy" to Reed because while Mike is gently holding Little Peter Cotton Tail, Reed wants to poke and squeeze him.